So rather than subject you to a long update, I've decided to keep it to some short sharp updates, so intend to do a quick blog each lunchtime this week to get back up to date.....
So the Tour of Portugal, in brief a fantastic event but not as successful as it could have been, so the highlights:
- Fantastic scenery and great trails
- Great 4* Hotel and Spa opened just for us
- Excellent food, lots of great company and amazing hospitality
- Took fifth place on the prologue (but see below)
- Eighth place on day three (could have been better but I got a silly speeding penalty)
- Bike ran well throughout
- Didn't fall off much!
- Took 13th Place overall J
And the low-lights.....
- Brand new ICO switch wouldn't work had to replace with the old one at the last minute
- Long wait at Porto airport as information about the transfers wasn't clear
- Decided not to go too fast on the prologue and actually started 20 seconds late, then discovered that 20 seconds would have got me into third place!
- Fell off on day two on a very tricky hill climb and lost loads of time
- Then got caught in low cloud, hail and snow storms
- It was bloody cold at times!
- So only took 18th place on day two as a result
- Ripped my seat
- Took 13th place overall L
But as said a fantastic Rally, so I've already paid my deposit for next years event!
Here's a few photos: